Atripla vs Sustiva and Truvada

My doctor is starting me on a first regiman of Sustiva and Truvada, and is prescribing each one seperately for me. I thought Atripla was the exact same thing but in one pill - my doctor says he's prescribing them seperately to judge toxicity in the first month. Can't the same thing be achieved with Atripla? I'm confused.

Thanks for your post.

The components of Atripla and Truvada+Sustiva are indeed the same. Some doctors will start patients on the Truvada+Sustiva combo in order to make sure that all of the medications are well tolerated, then simplify to Atripla if everything is going well.

It's all the same from a treatment standpoint, other than one extra pill. BY

Sustiva and lipoatrophy.
Mepron Prophylaxis