Update after 13 months on treatment.
Oct 19, 2007
Dear Dr. Young, Just an update with good news. I started treatment the 14th of August of 2006 with a cd4 count of 25%=503 and a Viral Load of 82.200 copies. Four months later I was undetectable and my cd4 count: 32%=802. Today I got my last results. My cd4 is: 43%=668 and undetectable viral load. An increase of 18% in my cd4 percetage in only 13 months! And my cd4/cd8 ratio, that was at the beginning of treatment 0,5 is today 1.05! I am on Sustiva (efavirez) and Truvada (Tenofovir + emtricitabine). No side effects. Thanks for your support. Juan. Madrid (Spain).
Response from Dr. Young
Gracias for tu repuesta.
Sounds like things are going very well on your treatment.
Best of health to you, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.