How long will a regimen last?

If you have no resistance mutations to any of the medications you are taking, and were previously treatment naive, how long can you expect to be on a regimen before you become resistant?

I have been on my regimen for 4 months now, and I just wonder how long you can be on a regimen before you become resistant. When I read about resistance they make it seem like it is inevitable and will happen no matter what you do.

I take ALL of my medications on time, and I NEVER EVER miss a single dose of them. I am just afraid that oneday I am going to get my labs done and my doctor will tell me I am resistant.

Thanks for your post.

Resistance is not inevitable.

I have a whole bunch of patients who have been on medications for nearly 10 years without any suggestion of drug resistance. Indeed, among my patients who have started medications in the last 5 years (mostly boosted PIs-, or efavirenz-based regimens), we've not had a single virological failure.

Hope this helps. BY

3rd round of meds in 2 years
Update after 13 months on treatment.