|Hep B - Sustiva
Oct 17, 2007
My doctor is about to start me on Truvada/Sustiva - I read that Sustiva can cause activate liver problems. Does the fact that I had Hep B in 1995, but have recovered from it now, make any difference?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
If you've recovered from HBV infection, there shouldn't be any problems taking the tenofovir/FTC (Truvada) +efavirenz (Sustiva) regimen. Indeed, many would say that Truvada is the drug of choice for coinfected persons with active HBV anyways.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can Antibiotics Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Dry Blood?
- Stress Cause A Abnormal Pap Smear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.