hernia Operation

I will be going in for a hernia operation this month, and would like to know if I should be conserned about anything before doing so. The doctor that I spoke to about the surgery, recommened the tradtional hernia operation, opossed to the minimal evasive style, how ever my concern is about stories I have heard about infection isues in years to come, regaurding the mesh screen that in put in. I am 29, and on Atripla, also after the surgery, should I be concerned about antibotics or pain medication?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

There have been major advancements in hernia surgery over the past decade. So my first question would be why not have the minimally invasive procedure with mesh placement? I had this done earlier this year and was back to my morning 6 mile run one week later. My brother had the open procedure and was one unhappy camper for many weeks. The infection risk with mesh is extremely low so this should not be the deciding factor.

Perhaps a second opinion would be in order. Good luck!

Need to change from AZT and DDC
Jergon Sacha and Cat's Claw - cure for HIV?