|Need to change from AZT and DDC
Oct 14, 2007
I'm HIV+ 22 years, asymptomatic, viral load never over 400 (last test 317), CD4 count 345 (has varied between 270 and 450, and was 310 when I tested positive in '86). I've taken old schools meds for 20 years, AZT and DDC. I can no longer access DDC, and have to switch to a new regimen. Any words of advice would be most welcome! Thank you very much.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
The first step would be to check a genotype to see if any viral mutations are present. But with a viral load so low it may not be possible to amplify enough virus to determine the genotypic mutations. If there is no genotypic data to help with the decision then it seems logical to simply try Atripla. This co-formulated pill consists of Viread+Emtriva+Sustiva and is taken at bedtime.
Good luck old school!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.