Oct 14, 2007
hi there my last test showed cd4 140 vl 64.000 and cd%17 whats the last one means?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
Your CD4 absolute count (140) and percentage (17) are two slightly different ways of estimating your immune system function. In both cases, they indicate pretty severe immunosuppression-- low enough that starting HIV medications would be a really good idea.
Waiting longer to start at this point would significantly increase your risk of having an AIDS complication or even non-AIDS-related cancer.
Hope this is helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Scratchy Throat Insertive Oral Sex
- Flaky Spot On Arms Sign Of Hiv
- Should Doctors Notify Patients Of Hiv?
- To Insure That A Person Who Has Received The Hepatitis B Vaccine Has Provided Immunity How Long After The Vaccine Should They Be Tested
- Bleeding Gums And Hiv Transmission
- Can A Physical Tell If You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.