Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Meds work!
Oct 13, 2007

I have been +ve for about 5 years. I never had any symptoms, but CD4 and CD4% had fallen to levels where my doctor and I thought it best that I start medication. I had, naturally, some considerable worries about side effects, and whether life would become unpleasant.

I started meds(Efavirenz and Kivexa) on 7 August when my viral load was = 90,000. 4 September VL = 220, 2 October VL = undetectable. CD4 rising, though slowly, but I think that's normal.

I have had no side effects apart from occasional, relatively pleasant dreams from the effects of Efavirenz.

I'm not saying all this to boast. I'm lucky not to have a resistant strain or to have hepatitis, or to suffer side effects. All I do is take the pills - absolutely strictly.

The only point of this message is to try to give encouragement to others.

My thanks, again, to all the doctors who answer questions on this site.

Ken

Response from Dr. Young

Ken, Thank you for your for sharing your experiences from somewhere outside of the US. It's great to hear that you're doing so well on your regimen of abacavir/3TC (Kivexa, Epzicom) and efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin).

Such stories are of incredible value to the many persons who read this site worried about starting on HIV medications.

Be well, BY

Previous
PI COMPARISON
Next
Kidney stones and best HAART regimen

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.