Meds work!

I have been +ve for about 5 years. I never had any symptoms, but CD4 and CD4% had fallen to levels where my doctor and I thought it best that I start medication. I had, naturally, some considerable worries about side effects, and whether life would become unpleasant.

I started meds(Efavirenz and Kivexa) on 7 August when my viral load was = 90,000. 4 September VL = 220, 2 October VL = undetectable. CD4 rising, though slowly, but I think that's normal.

I have had no side effects apart from occasional, relatively pleasant dreams from the effects of Efavirenz.

I'm not saying all this to boast. I'm lucky not to have a resistant strain or to have hepatitis, or to suffer side effects. All I do is take the pills - absolutely strictly.

The only point of this message is to try to give encouragement to others.

My thanks, again, to all the doctors who answer questions on this site.

Ken

Ken, Thank you for your for sharing your experiences from somewhere outside of the US. It's great to hear that you're doing so well on your regimen of abacavir/3TC (Kivexa, Epzicom) and efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin).

Such stories are of incredible value to the many persons who read this site worried about starting on HIV medications.

Be well, BY

PI COMPARISON
Kidney stones and best HAART regimen