Sex with HIV

I just found out that I am poz, so I started talking to people on line. I would say about 8 out of 10 are telling me that I can have unprotected sex with anyone else that is Poz. I know that this is NOT true, but I am so baffeled and confused as to why these men think this. Who would do that? How do I respond, and in a nice way? I have no intention of doing that. Why are these men doing this to themselves?

Thanks for your post.

I'm not counted among those who say that positives can have safe, but unprotected sex with other positives.

First off, there is a small, but real risk of transmission of a second HIV strain (introducing the possibility of drug resistance), second is the risk of acquiring other sexually-transmitted infections, including some life-long infections, like papiloma virus, herpes or hepatitis viruses. Some of these are associated with increased risks not just of infection, but of cancers to boot.

I can't tell you why one would knowingly want to expose themselves or others to this risk, other than a notion of ignorance or carelessness.

Hope this helps. BY

Missed Dosage I think
Please Drs answer...