|Hepatitis C virus infection
Oct 7, 2007
Tested positive for HCV. The points of the lab sheet said 89.4. Not sure what that meant. My liver and everything else was great. They are sending me to a specialist? Do I have HCV? I don't understand lab result. What do doctors normally test?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Sometimes the antibody test for hepatitis C virus comes with a read out indicating a numerical result instead of simply positive or negative. There is usually a threshold number above which the test is considered to be positive.
Some people with antibodies against HCV actually clear the infection without the need for specific treatment. The specialist will order follow-up blood tests which should clarify your situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.