Oct 2, 2007
can you get rid of hiv if the doctor caught it in time
| Response from Dr. Wohl
The idea behind post expsoure prophylaxis (PEP) is that HIV meds when taken within hours of exposure can prevent infection. Once infection does occur we have no way to eliminate the virus from the body.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.