Oct 2, 2007
can you get rid of hiv if the doctor caught it in time
Response from Dr. Wohl
The idea behind post expsoure prophylaxis (PEP) is that HIV meds when taken within hours of exposure can prevent infection. Once infection does occur we have no way to eliminate the virus from the body.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Red Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.