Meds Side Effects

Hi, I've been on Kivexa and Reyatez for just over 2 months and my CD4 went from 180 to 560. This treatment is (so far) working quite well. My question is with regards to side effects, Although I am eating better I often feel nauseous and more "gassey", I do use Gravol but I was wondering if there was anything else I can do to reduce this feeling?, I have also noticed that at times my energy levels either are way up or very low. I am a 41 year old male about 5'11 and about 190 lbs. Thanks for this forum.

For gas you could try simethicone. It is a popular anti-gas med in the US and in many over the counter remedies. The nausea may abate with the relief of the gas. If not, a nausea medication such as phenergan can help. People swear by ginger (available in teas). You may notice that certain foods trigger the symptoms and you can try to avoid these.

If all else fails, it may be time for a regimen change. It is unclear which med is doing this but in this case smart money would be on the Reyataz even though in most people it is usually well tolerated.

Drug resistance
3 blips in a row