Nephrotic Syndrome - follow up

Hi Hope your well. I wrote 31/8 about Nephrotic Syndrome diagnosis and the various possible causes. I had the biopsy 2 weeks ago now and initial results show not related to HIV - so my HIV dr was right. At this stage the most likely diagnosis is early membranous glomerulonephritis - trying saying that after a few beers. They still haven't ruled out a link to Truvada and the Diclofenic I was taking. And so they ve sent the sample to another lab to check. I ll let you know the outcome. In the meantime my change to Kivexa has been uneventful and VL still <40 CD4>400. Started on Ramipril, Frusemide, Warfarin to control the kidneys and likely to start high dose oral corticosteriods once diagnosis is confirmed. Thanks again.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Here is a link to the original post and answer.

Our team takes care of a patient with HIV who was diagnosed with nephrotic range proteinuria several years ago while on HIV medications with controlled viral replication. She had a kidney biopsy and had the same thing. She was treated with corticosteroids and completely responded and is fine now.

Interestingly, she was on Viread which was not stopped because her condition seemed to be unrelated. She still continues on Viread and has had stable kidney function.

Good luck!

What is the update on the french dendritic cell vaccine
Son with AIDS given 6 months to live