Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Studies on HIV Controllers (2)

You recently answered a question for me on HIV Controllers, but I am still looking for more answers. In your reponse you listed a link to Dr. Walker's current study on controllers. Actually, in my research I had read over the details of his study before asking my question to you.

What I am looking for are completed studies, with some answers as to what I can expect from this disease in the future. I find it really disappointing that this would be the only study on controllers and it is in beginning stages as of 2007. It seems that someone would have looked into controllers prior to this in the disease's 30 year history. Even if there are studies completed in other coutries, I am interested.

The big question I am looking for an answer to is whether there is an average time controller's can keep the virus in check, but anything to help me understand my somewhat unique position would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, dissapointing as it is, there's really no quantitative data on this question.

Most persons with very low viral loads maintain their CD4s for a long time. The problem is that some do have CD4 progression- and to my knowledge, there's no test that allows us to predict who is who.

The best I can say is that for all patients, elite or not-so-elite, getting routine labs provides a real chart for prognosis and trajectory of disease, rather than a betting approach with odds. BY

Brain Damage II
interaction