No Meds for 2.5 yrs

Hello, My uncle was dx 10yrs ago. During the last 2.5 yrs he has not been taking any meds. The Dr. told him that he is in the last stages of AIDS and that his CB4 is very low. Could you possibly tell me what this means.

What it means is that your uncle had better get back on medications for treatment of HIV infection if he wants to remain healthy and alive. Therapy for HIV infection is quite effective and there is almost always a regimen which can be devised to fit the individual needs of people living with this disease.

Atripla is better than AZT
Should I start treatment immediately?