Sep 24, 2007
What can cause a lymph node to swell in the under the chin or what else could it be . I am hiv+ with a cd4 of 268.I was prescribed some clindanyacin recently will it help?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Many things can cause an enlarged lymph node-- anything that causes immune system activation, in a way. For example, since your swollen node in under the chin, a tooth infection or herpes outbreak could cause this. Sometimes an enlarged node is a sign of a more systemic problem, like HIV itself.
I'll assume that your doctor gave you the antibiotic clindamycin because he or she is thinking of a bacterial infection as the cause.
Hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.