Sep 20, 2007
recently my hiv blood tests came back. i get checked every three months. this time my viral load was 68.they said that anything below 50 is undetectable. my cd4 or t cells are graet at 1049. should i worry about my viral load being 18 above 50? thanks.
Response from Dr. Young
Nope. I wouldn't worry. A single detectable viral load in this range neither is predictive of treatment failure or disease progression.
More often than not, a repeat test in a few weeks will continue to show the <50 level.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Protected Anal Sex?
- Can You Catch HIV From Ear Piercing?
- Getting AIDS From Having Sex During Period
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Condom Broke?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Getting A Tattoo?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Sex Without Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.