newly infected

I'm newly infected my CD4 levels is 600 and have low viral load is it preferable to start treatment now or wait till my cd4 decrease and viral load increase

Thank you for your post.

I'd ask you to look at this Forum's category on "When to start treatment" for many, many other responses.

What you'll see is that for asymptomatic persons, in general (and especially in persons with low HIV viral loads) we'll wait to initiate treatment when CD4 counts are high and in the normal range, like yours. There are many individual factors that can sway this opinion- first and foremost is the ability and willingness to adhere to medications.

As medications get better tolerated and better studied, the barriers to start treatment are getting lower.

Best of health to you. BY

Atripla and Heart Problems
viral load