CD4

I'm 56, had PCP in 04 and currently taking Bactrium and Atripla daily. In 04 CD4 was <20, 2005-168, 2006-226 and currently 269.Should I be doing something to help increase the CD$...my doctor says to just wait and see. No virus since 04 on any tests...thanks for any help with this concern.,

One thing you can do is talk to your doctor about stopping the Bactrim. This antibiotic can sometimes impede the CD4 cell count. In addition, it is unlikely you need it anymore as your counts are above the level below which PCP is more of a risk. Studies show that PCP prophylaxis can be safely discontinued when the CD4 cell count increases above 200 (plus greater than 14% for CD4%) for over 6 months.

Also, don't be too down on your CD4 cell count. After a basement level count of 30, you are cooking with gas at 269. Many are not so lucky.

Can I take anti-acid
Intestinal Cleanup Program