? Change to Kivexa or stay with Combivir?

Dear Dr Pierone. Thank you so much for answering my question regarding change to more modern drugs. Your reality check to me is so true - use the advanced new drugs for fewer side effects, better results and better quality of life. Your reference to Crixivan is a great reminder - replacing Crixivan with more modern drugs many years ago made my life so much better - no longer did I need to wake at 2.00am each day to take a dose, and no longer did I need to fast between 8-10am (breakfast time) or 4-6pm (predinner drinks time). My fear of new drugs is unfounded. I will change to more modern drugs, and get on with and enjoy life to the fullest extent. :)

Here is the original post which explained some of the reasons we switch medications even though they may be working.

Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your new regimen!

breathing difficulty
Can I take anti-acid