Sep 16, 2007
dear sir I am 62 years hold man at the moment i am taking this medication stavudine 30 mg and lamivudine 150 mg is possible to this this medication only one time at day for example night time one hr before dinner thank you tom
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
While lamivudine (3TC) can be taken once-daily (300 mg once a day), stavudine (d4T) can't. I trust that you're also taking a third medication for HIV, since dual drug therapy with d4T and 3TC is not recommended.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Condom Slipped
- Topping Risk Of Getting HIV
- Touching A Cut And Possible HIV Exposure
- Touching Scratch On Skin And HIV Transmission Risk
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Having Sex During Period?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Scratching Someone?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.