how fast do meds work
Sep 16, 2007
My partner just found out and her count is 159. She just started on a med call Atripla, her Dr. told her she could have her surgery once her count is above 200. ii was wandering how fat do these drugs work?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello, and thanks for posting.
There generally is a prompt increase in the CD4+ lymphocyte count once therapy is started. Most people starting at 160 will be over 200 within 3 to 6 months of starting treatment. Good luck to you and your partner!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of AIDS?
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Are Some Ways You Can Get Std's?
- What Causes Vaginal Bleeding After Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.