|Diabetes and HIV
Sep 16, 2007
I have preexisting diabetes and I recently found out that I have HIV. Do I need to be concerned about starting antiretroviral therapy?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
There are no differences in the guidelines for HIV-infected patients with diabetes mellitus. But since some HIV medications may exacerbate diabetes mellitus (in some patients) it is important to take this into consideration when it comes time to select a regimen. In general, protease inhibitor-based therapy tends to have more of a negative impact on glucose levels. Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Disorders Cause Back Pain?
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Genital Warts In The Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.