Post-Pep rash?

Hi there. I recently completed the 28 day PEP treatment as a precaution. I was on Kaletra and Combivir. A couple of days after I completed the treatment I noticed a rash on my fingers that looks like little warts and I also developed patches of tiny red spots on certain areas of my palms. This has lasted more than a week and a half. Could this be due to the meds I took having put my system out of whack?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

An unexplained rash which lasts longer than a week really requires an explanation, especially in view of your recent exposure. A rash which involves the palms of the hands raises the question of syphilis. It is unusual, but not unheard of for a medication-related rash to first appear after the medication is stopped. It would be prudent for you to see your doctor for an evaluation. Best of luck!

Starting Haart Medications
A Hoax?