Treatment Programs in Egypt

Regarding my case my first CD4 test is 435 and after couple of month it reads 700 can the CD4 increase during the HIV infection, also I live in Cairo, Egypt, Africa Is it early to take HAART now or should I start early?

Certainly the CD4+ lymphocyte count can vary considerably with HIV infection, especially when the count is higher. Now you have two readings which are quite good and authoritative guidelines would recommend holding off on treatment and simply following viral load and CD4+ lymphocyte levels.

We don't have data yet which prove the benefit of starting HAART with higher CD4+ lymphocyte counts, but absence of proof does not mean there is not a benefit with early therapy. Based on your previous post, it sounds like medications are not available to you at this point, so watchful waiting is reasonable.

Good luck!

How important is "undetectable"?
Starting Haart Medications