Stopping glucophage??

I was told I have high insiline, but not hight blood sugar and was put on the generic glucophage. I was recently told (by a medical physician) that that didn't sound right to him. so I was wondering if I need to ween myself off of it or can I go cold turkey???

Thanks for your post.

Before stopping any prescription medication (if at all possible), you should discuss your questions and symptoms with the medical provider who wrote the prescription. Ideally, a discussion between the glucophage prescriber and the other "medical physician" should be had, in order to best coordinate your care.

If indeed you do have an elevated fasting insulin level, this suggests that there is a risk for developing diabetes. Depending on your other risk factors and health conditions, treatment for this might not be a bad idea.

I hope this helps. BY

Follow-up question. Blood in eyes,PEP reccomended?
She is +