Recently started Atripla/Meds, viral great & CD4s dropped

I have recently started meds for the 1st time July'07, since being HIV+ for close to 3 yrs without a need for meds. My doctor & I choose Atripla since it has a better chance for adherence. In Oct.'06 my numbers were less than 50 for Viral & 348 for CD4. However from that time till July'07, they change steadily towards 758 Viral & 272 CD4. Since starting Atripla in July, my August Viral load was less than 50 again and my CD4 went to 278. This month my results came back with the viral load not changing but my CD4 dropped to 241.

Is this normal or is it something that should raise a concern in my current choice for meds?

If the viral load is undetectable chances are that the drop in CD4+ lymphocyte count is not cause for concern. If the CD4+ lymphocyte count ratio has been stable or better this would be reassuring as well. The next set of blood tests should give you a better idea of the direction things are going. Let us know how things turn out and best of luck to you!

Adenoid hypertrophy
Follow-up question. Blood in eyes,PEP reccomended?