Aug 31, 2007
I recently noticed that my finger nails have a copper, brownish color on 50% to 75% of the nail surface. Can this be the sign of some infection or condition ? I am 31 years old, black male, HIV+ for over 5 years but not on any drug regimen. My CD4 count have always been in the 600+ range. I always had general good health, I stay fit and try to eat healthy as much as possible. If not an infection, can this be the sign of some deficiency?
Response from Dr. Wohl
This could be a sign of a fungal infection of the nails. Smokers also can get a browm discoloration of the nails on their fingers but usually not on all of them.
I doubt any major illness or vitamin deficiency.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.