Calcium Supplements with HIV Meds

I am a treatment experienced HIV positive 45 year old male. I have recently been diagnosed with avascular necrosis (AVN) in both hips. Although my doctor says there is really no medication that can help the AVN, I have begun taking additional vitamins and added a calcium supplement (600 mg). Is there any possibility that the calcium supplements will interact with my HIV meds? I am taking Fuzeon, Norvir, Lexiva, and Truvada, as well as Vytorin for elevated cholesterol, Xanax for anxiety, Welbutrin XL for depression, and Mobix for AVN related pain.

The calcium should not be a problem but you have the potential for a major interaction with Vytorin and Norvir. Vytorin is a combination of Zocor (simvastatin) and ezetimibe (Zetia). Norvir can raise the blood levels of simvastatin up to 40 fold and this can dramatically increase the chance of muscle inflammation and rhabdomyolysis. This issue should be immediately brought to the attention of your medical team.

Nephrotic syndrome
chantix & phentermine