Black cohosh+meds

Hi, Thanks for being there! I'm taking Kivexa and Nevirapine for the last 2 months. I am having severe night sweats and hot flashes due to menopause. I have been told that taking black cohosh may help relive the menopause symptoms. Are you aware of any tests that may have been done to see if black cohosh interferes with ARVs or is it safe to take?

The literature that I was able to find on black cohosh did not mention any interactions with HIV medications. The caveat is that many herbal compounds are not formally tested for interactions with medications so whenever starting a new supplement be aware of the potential for adverse events.

Why is my doctor recommending Kaletra and Combivir to start?
Nephrotic syndrome