Aug 31, 2007
Hi, Thanks for being there! I'm taking Kivexa and Nevirapine for the last 2 months. I am having severe night sweats and hot flashes due to menopause. I have been told that taking black cohosh may help relive the menopause symptoms. Are you aware of any tests that may have been done to see if black cohosh interferes with ARVs or is it safe to take?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
The literature that I was able to find on black cohosh did not mention any interactions with HIV medications. The caveat is that many herbal compounds are not formally tested for interactions with medications so whenever starting a new supplement be aware of the potential for adverse events.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Discharge?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.