Drug Holiday Bad Choice follow up

I understand that individual viral loads vary when (on a drug holiday) , my sons is increasing rapidly and others may increase slowly. How does this difference affect life expectancy - does this mean he has an aggressive virus and will his life expectancy be shorter b/c of it?

Here is the previous post regarding your son for the benefit of our readers.

The prognosis of untreated HIV infection depends partly on the viral load. The greater the viral load, the faster the loss of CD4+ lymphocytes. However, life expectancy in HIV really depends on access to treatment, and the ability to adhere to treatment over the long-term. So individuals with poor intrinsic ability to control viral replication are able to do so with HAART.

Best of luck to your son!

Atripla vs. Truvada/Kaletra
Why is my doctor recommending Kaletra and Combivir to start?