The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Aug 29, 2007

I understand there is a new med por treating fat loss in the face called sculpture, is this true? is this medication available over the counter or does it have to be prescribed by the doctor?

Response from Dr. Wohl

There is an agent named Sculptra that is injected beneath the skin of the face to fill out the hollows of teh cheek. It is not over the counter and it muct be injected by a physician who has been trained.

It is very expensive but the company that makes this agent has a program for those who qualify wherein they supply the agent for free. You still may have to pay the plastic surgeon to inject the Sculptra. Most people need 5 series of injections over the course of a year.


HIV timetable
Meds Early to Shed Virus?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint