medicatons

i am currently on epzicom and sustiva. My doctors says this is a durable regimen my viral load is undetectable and my cd4 counts are about 1,000. He asked me if i wanted to go to a one pill a day regimen. I thought since the two pill regimen was working so well ,I best stay on it. I have never had a asymptom other than the original fever with the hiv illness. Is there a better regimen i might want to try or should i be content with what i am doing? Either way i am happy to be alive

Dear Happy,

It is great to hear about your responses. If your doing well and have no side effects or difficulty with your current two pill per day regimen, I'd be hard pressed to say that going to a one pill per day is going to dramatically change your life or prognosis. One pill a day is certainly sexy and the lowest pill count, it's just not clear to me that it is necessarily better than your regimen for you (it's the you part that is the most important variable).

You've clearly got a regimen that's working well for you and have got the adherence issues figured out. Save for the co-payment issue, there's little reason, it seems to me, to switch.

Hope this helps. BY

What about the "memory" of cells
Testimonial