fasting

Dear Sir, I'm a new muslim and have just started to take meds (kaletra-lopinavir/ritonvir and truvada) i've set the timetable for 630-630. I've read in 2003 that another muslim wrote to the forum and asked if it was ok to fast, and one doctor said it was ok. as we are in daylights saving time and we are suppose to fast from dawn until sunset, i was wondering what is the maximum a person can hold off on taking the meds? Also, as i am a teacher sometimes it is hard for me to be regular with my evening medication, usually i'm late by a few hours, what problems can that cause or if any? i'm not in my foreign country so i have some language barriers with my doctor sometimes in understanding everything. thank you for your time. dawn

Dawn, thank you for your post.

A few hours late on occasion won't pose any problems with your regimen. Further, since lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra) can be taken once-daily, an alternative strategy could be to take all 4 of your lopinavir/ritonavir tablets together on the day of your fast.

If a once-daily schedule might ultimately be beneficial to you, I'd talk to your doctor about this option.

Best of health to you. BY

Sustiva & brain barrier
What about the "memory" of cells