Atripla or Truvada/sustiva

Poz for 17yrs. Asymtomatic. Two years ago my tcell fell averaging 100. Viral load either undetec or around three hundred. still no symptoms. first year Dr. gave me truvada and sustiva, after about one month side effects of rash and digestive subsided. 2nd year doc. decided to have me try Atripla, no reason other than one a day. Cannot shake the rash nor the bloating and gas, question is would I be taking a step backwards by going back to Sustive/Truvada ? I seem to tolerate it much better, . oh testresults after starting meds where VL undetec, but tcells still around 100. Thanks for your assistance. I want to move back to my previous meds but afraid to mess things up.

Thanks for your post.

It would seem to me that there's little harm in trying to go back to Truvada + Sustiva, but if you have persistent symptoms, then a switch to an alternative regimen might be in your future.

Let us know how things turn out.

Best of health to you. BY

Truvada and Pancreatitus
Sustiva Efficacy