atripla vs viraday

I just tested positive and have a count of 206 and a load of 36,000. I was presribed atripla but found a genric called viraday. Due to the cost of atripla, I was wondering how you all felt about viraday. Pros and cons of each would be great!

Thanks for your post.

Atripla is the branded triple coformulation of tenofovir/FTC/efavirenz. It is widely available in the US and becoming available across Europe. Viraday is a "generic" coformulation, manufacturered off-patent (I believe) in India.

While they are likely equivalent, Viraday would not be available in the US- because it is manufactured off patent.

So, if you live in the US where direct cost of HIV medications are rarely absorbed by the patient, Viraday isn't going to be much of an issue. If you live in India, this is an entirely different proposition.

BY

Brain Damage
conflicting lab results?