Almost two years too late?

I had a node in my grion for a year. My gp told me in the beginning that the size didn't worry him and he suspected it was nothing serious. Because this node was persistent gp later suggested an hiv test. So I just found out I'm poz. I know for 100% sure I must have been infected oct 2005. I don't know my numbers yet but as you can imagine I'm very scared. Physically I feel good. Until my diagnosis I worked and lived a normal life. Now I'm at home recovering from the shock and waiting to meet my ID doc. So 2 years infected. Am I now too late for medication? Or is there some kind of aggressive treatment possible to speed up because of delay? I have two toddlers, will I be able to take care of them in the future? It's for them I worry so much.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but know that it is never too late for medication or medical care.

Spend time to learn about HIV and your care options- so that when you meet with your new doctor you'll be able to ask relevant questions.

Best of health to you. BY

Drug Holiday Bad Choice?
Red Rash