Lipo

I am on Trizivir and have a problem...I have lost my butt and legs and have a fat hump back and big gut...no matter how much I excercise this will not go away, so I am going to switch meds but was wondering how long will it take after going off Trizivir for my fat to be distributed equally? Also can you reccommend a god surgeon in the NC or VA area to get surgery such as butt implants, fat taken off of back and stomach? and what can you do about the "toothpick" legs look???? Thank you for your help...looking forward to hearing from you.

Response from Dr. Conway

Of the medications you are taking, the one that may be involved is the AZT component of the Trizivir. Getting off this might help, but the recovery will be gradual, over the course of a year or more, so be patient. I am pleased to hear that you are exercising, and I would encourage you to continue to do so, a combination of cardio and weight training as often as you can being the best approach. Avoid synthetic steroids, as these will do more harm than good. Please do consider the use of recombinant growth hormone if you have a plan that will cover it. As for a surgeon, I would recommend you go to your local AIDS Service Organization (ASO) for guidance. There is nothing like the reports of satisfied patients to help you pick a surgeon.

meds dosing
Is this combination ok???