atripla & timing/empty stomach

I started taking Atripla about a month ago. The directions say to take on an empty stomach. What exactly constitutes an empty stomach and how important is it to ensure the pill is taken this way? I tend to eat late at night, up to an hour or so before I go to bed. I have been taking my pill right before I go to bed, anywhere from 10p-2a. Also, should I be taking the pill at the same time each night, regardless of when I ate or drank last? How can the timing of taking the pill affect anything? Thanks for your response in advance.

Thanks for your post.

In general, Atripla or Sustiva can be taken without regard to food. This means that you can take your late night snack without concern.

The primary reason for the comment about diet is that food in the stomach tends to increase the level of efavirenz (part of Atripla and Sustiva), possibly increasing the risk of side effects. If you're not experiencing side effects, the timing of your food and taking Atripla won't mater.

Hope this helps. BY

cd4 count and treatment
What are meds that will work for those who are broke