drug-related toxicity... How common is it?
Aug 18, 2007
I am wondering about what percent of people devolop drug-related toxicity? I am on Atripla for about 3 months.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
The medications in Atripla, tenofovir,FTC and efavirenz are very well tolerated and well studied. The best clinical study to answer your question is the Gilead 934 study (published ini the New England Journal of Medicine). In this study 255 persons started tenofovir, FTC and efavirenz. Only 9 (3.5%) had to discontinue medications because of side effects in the first year.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Signs And Symptoms Of Full Blown Aids
- When The Doctor Check Your Blood Can They See If You Have Hiv?
- Can They Tell If You Have Hiv By A Urine Test?
- Heterosexual Chances Of Getting Hiv
- If I Don't Hear Back From My Doctor About My Hiv Test Results Is It Negative?
- Can You Have Sex With Someone Who Has Hiv And Not Catch It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.