meds, effectiveness

hi, dr , nice to talk to you. I'm newly diagnosed with HIV (not hep, not other STDs, thank god!) and my counts have been 1000cd4, 100000VL, then 811cd4, 4210VL and lately 755cd4, 1010VL. My numbers seem certainly not bad, and i'm recovering SLOWLY the joy of life and i sleep normally again. That said, i'd like to be sure that i can live a long and healthy life if i keep checking my numbers and go under treatment when i need it. Is it true that HIV, caught on time and treated well, doesn't bother much? is it true that with the new meds one can achieve undetectable levels most of the time and keep viral suppression for decades? i need clear info on this for my mental health. Love and Respect. Gracias.Great job you doing.

Hi and thank you for your post.

Yes, it is true that HIV if treated appropriately with monitoring, preventive therapies and when need, HIV medications, does not "bother much". Indeed, I have many patients under my care who are living life and save for a few pills a day, really have little impact of HIV or HIV treatment.

I hope this helps.

Sinceremente, BY

reuse of epivir
Whay has my CD4 remained low despite having a low viral load?