Just started taking medication

I just started taking meds. I doctor prescribed Norvir, Truveda and Prezista. I read that Prezista was primarily taken by people who already have taken other treatment. My viral load is only 25,000 and my tcells recently fell to 235. I also have Hep C. Why would my dr. prescribe Prezista? Are these meds standard for niave pt?

Thanks for your post.

First off, I do certainly agree that it was time for your to start HIV medications.

Darunavir (Prezista) is a newer protease inhibitor that is most commonly used for persons with drug resistant virus. The medication has a number of attributes that make it a not unattractive alternative to other first-line boosted protease inhibitors-- a recent presentation of analysis of the TITAN study at this summer's International AIDS Society meeting suggests that darunavir may actually perform better in first-line use than the widely recommended lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra).

It would be my hunch that your doctor was aware of these data in choosing your medications.

Hope this helps. Let our readers know how your doing from time to time. I'm sure that others will be interested.

BY

Magnetise water theraphy
Hair Loss and HIV?