time for meds

Today I found out my last test showed 120 cd4 and 75500 vl. 3 months ago it was showing 320 cd4 and 70000 vl. Now my doctor has me on Sulfatrim to clear up any chest infection and I will begin my meds in about a week. He suggested Truvada and sustiva till we have the Atripla available here. Do you think I should have had a chest xray to see if there are any infections or do you suggest the Sulfatrim? I am concerned about the side effects.

Thanks for your post.

I'd agree that it is a reasonable time to consider starting HIV medications, with a CD4 count that is below 350.

Trimethoprim/sulfa (Sulfatrim, Bactrim) is a antibiotic that is often used for routine respiratory tract infections for a time that is generally less than 2 weeks in duration. Trimethoprim/sulfa is also the drug of choice to prevent Pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP)- in this situation, persons with CD4 counts below 200 or with a clinical diagnosis of AIDS would stay on trim/sulfa until the CD4s are reproducibly above 200. As for the chest X-ray, if you're having respiratory symptoms, I'd think that getting the test isn't unreasonable.

Hope this helps, best of health to you. BY

early signs drug resistance
Magnetise water theraphy