pml

I noticed adventuer man @ hotmail is no longer . been diagnosed with pml.but they dont know for sure if it is. whatever the case i do have antaxia a lesion on my cerebular part of brain left side witch affects my right side leg and arm all motor functions, my cd4 was allways up and my viral was up but is now undeteectable my cd4 was never below 400 my question is what is the best treatment for this.right now im on keletra and truvada how do i approach this whatelse could it be and how do i get intouch with others suffering from this thank you,,steve

It is very important that a firm diagnosis be made of any brain lesion. A spinal tap could be done and the fluid sent to look for evidence of the virus that causes PML. The fluid can also be studied for other causes of brain lesions.

MRI scans are also helpful and can provide important clues as to the diagnosis.

Not all brain lesions in HIV infected people are from PML and therefore, in some cases a brain biospy may be needed.

Keeping your viral load low and CD4 cell count high is key to the managment of most all problems associated with HIV disease. Therefore, stay on your therapy and work with your HIV doctor and a neurologist to learn what is going on and your treatment options.

truvada reyataz
A change from Protease Inhibitors?