Final stages of AIDS

Hello, I have a family member who has entered the final stages of AIDS. They are currently in the hospital with Lymphoma, Dementia, severe diarreha, sores in the mouth, severe weight loss and going blind. Is this person going to recover and stay at a dormant state or will they continue to get worse from this point out. Is there any hope of this person getting better and recovering? How long do they have left? IS THIS THE END?????

So sorry to hear about your family member.

These are the descriptions of very advanced AIDS. The answer to your question depends entirely on whether the person has yet started on HIV medications, or has access to the latest medications (in the case of someone with drug resistant HIV).

Without medications, it's highly unlikely that the person will recover or even stay, as you say, in a dormant state.

It is difficult to predict life expectancy in such cases, but with lymphoma and blindness among others, I would not predict longer than 1 year.

Sorry, please write back if I can be of any assistance. BY

Why did his cd4 count increase?
Treatment Interruption