Are the meds that effective?

I am 56 years old and was infected in early 2004 at age 53. I am not on meds as my t cells as of three months ago was in low 900's. Since I have picked up hiv a little later in life but have a good t cell count would my prognosis for living at least until my late 70's be a possibility? Are meds still effective for us who ate older but in relaytively good health?

Thanks for your post.

Yes, medication can be that effective. (see our other post from today for a glimpse into what successful therapy can be like)

What's needed is the inspiration to seek medical care and when indicated, start and stay adherent to medications. After that, I'd expect you to live for a long, healthy time. BY

RE: Full blown AIDS @ diagnosis
No Clue