Full blown aids at diagnosis

I was diagnosed with full blow AIDS approx 9 months ago , a viral load of 89,000 CD4 187, About 11 months before that I had a life insurance policy lapse and it was reinstated after a full physical and hiv test. How can I go from HIV negative to full blow AIDS in a few months? Please answer?

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Let me start by saying that AIDS isn't full blown or not. AIDS is AIDS.

It's not rare to hear of cases where the person goes from exposure to AIDS within several months. Fortunately, this isn't commonplace and furthermore, rapid disease progression doesn't mean that medications for HIV are any less effective in preventing disease or death.

At this point, if your low CD4 count level is confirmed by second testing, (among other things) you should be started on trimethoprim/sulfa (Bactrim) to prevent pneumonia and begin the process of counseling and education about starting HIV medications.

Best of luck to you. BY

Condom broke,can PEP be affective
Average time to medication