when to start medicine

Hello sir, I have tested positive 1yrs ago. My doctor say as i am healty CD4 test is not required now. and i have increased 6kgs in 1yr. and i am not feeling i have HIV i am normal. Should i go for other tests like CD4 count. Thanks

Thanks for your post.

If CD4 counts are available in your country, most international treatment guidelines would include them in the managment of HIV patients, including those, like you, who don't have any HIV-related symptoms. I think your doctor is incorrect in his or her assessment in the importance of CD4 count testing.

When available, CD4 count, HIV viral load and HIV resistance testing (among others) are part of everyday initial lab tests for HIV patients here in the US and western Europe.

HIV medications are recommended either for persons who have HIV- or AIDS-related complications OR for asymptomatic persons who have significant decreases in their CD4 counts, either below levels of 200 or 350 (depending on country).

Hope this helps. Best of health to you. BY

NNRTI / PI
Atripla and alcohol