Switching off Videx and Zerit

Doc,I have been on Zerit and Videx EC and Stocrain for the last 4 yrs.Last yr I started having lipoatrophy.I was told now by my pharmacy that videx Ec is out of stock in SA which means 4 tablets of videx 100mg this medication has gven me problems in the past .Please advise what can I switch videx with.

REgards

Unless you have a history of drug resistant virus you should be able to substitute 3TC (lamivudine, Epivir) or Emtriva (FTC) for Videx. Since you have lipoatrophy and Zerit (d4T) is most closely linked to this side effect it would be nice if you could switch out the Zerit for Viread as well. Best of luck!

Viracept recall, changing all meds or just PI?
Rash Decision