Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Georgia's Iv-Ig Aids Treatment
Jul 23, 2007

I am on the new treatment that is twice a week with no hiv/aids meds. It is called IV-Ig, I was told that savannah was the only place in Georgia to have medicare approve this. What are your feelings on this treatment, I get 150g on Tuesday and Thursday and seems to burst my energy level somewhat the next day after thanks!

Response from Dr. Young

IVIG is not generally used for the treatment of HIV. Previous studies failed to show any significant benefit in CD4 count or viral load, though perhaps a reduction in the frequency of certain types of infection.

I have to wonder why your doctor has placed you on this. Is it because you have highly drug resistant virus?

Savannah has an excellent network of HIV care, I'd suggest gettting in contact with the local AIDS service organization for a reality check. BY

Previous
CPK abnormal levels
Next
PPI's and the Potential Risk of aquiring Pneumonia

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.